Tuesday, May 09, 2006

7 weeks in

I should have started this before, but forgot about the whole blogging business until now. Well, as the title suggests I am 7 weeks into my first preganancy. So far I am feeling very lucky that we managed to conceive the very first month we tried - which was also our honeymoon. Having been on the pill for many years, I was not sure how fertile I would be and how easy it would be to conceive.

So after the initial tests - which were very exciting - I did the first one by myself, and the second when Nick was there - the excitement has abated somewhat. This is partly due to the fact that 9 months seems to stretch into the far distance and partly due to the risks of miscarriage in the first trimester. Also there is the nuchal scan to go through, which will check the probability of Down's syndrome being present. So I think it is best to keep our feet on the ground until at least 13 weeks, then we can tell people and start to think about the big changes ahead.

Healthwise I feel pretty good really. I keep reading about is nausea and tiredness etc which then obviously makes you worried that you aren't suffering enough. I have felt nauseous a few times, but fairly mildly - like a small case of sea-sickness. The worst day was last Tuesday when I found it impossible to concentrate in meetings.

I have felt more tired than usual, but it's not too bad. The main thing I have noticed is having been drinking lots of milk every day, I am putting on waist weight for Britain. I am going to cut down to half a pint per day and think that this along with the other sources of calcium will be enough for now. The foetus is only baked bean size!

I am running 3 times a week - but only 3-4 miles a go. Nothing too fast and it is only for fitness not to improve pace, but it feels good to get out, especially now it's warming up.

Have told my parents only so far and we did this because I didn't want to lie to them about not drinking alcohol on my Mum's 60th birthday.

Anyway - must go - bked potatoes in the oven are driving m insane by smelling soooo good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home