Saturday, July 01, 2006

Nearly 15 weeks

I continue to feel tired but hope this starts to disappear soon as all the books say your energy levels improve in the second trimester. I had to crash out at 8:30 one night this week. A tough day at Henley Royal Regatta in the summer heat was surprisingly tiring given that not a drop of alcohol passed my lips.

The bump seems a little more rounded now and my suit trousers of one suit no longer do up - although that has been the case for about 3 weeks now. I am not sure about all the books that say you should not "show" before 14 weeks. Well - I had some bump (or maybe just fat) a lot earlier than that. Looking on various websites, many other women said the same thing, so it all goes to prove there is not one hard and fast rule.

My first midwife appointment was just over a week ago and was just a urine, blood test and some general health and family history questions. I think they take more interest after 20 weeks when they give you more information about ante-natal classes etc.

We had a weekend on the south-west coastal path last weekend, between Bude and Padstow - with Jeremy and Alex. Each was 10-12 miles up hill and down dale. I did the first 10 mile day, but took it easy after that as I found it surprisingly difficult, particularly up the hills. I ended up having a very nice weekend though with some exercise and also time to relax and see some of the sights, including Tintagel castle and the pretty vilages on the north Cornish coast. The scenery was spectacular and the weather was stunning. Lunch at Rick Stein's on the last day finished off a good trip, although was rather torturous to gaze at plates of scallops, crab, lobster heading out of the kitchen.

The foetus is now almost 10cm long and growing very fast each week. I can't wait until I can feel some movement, but that could be many weeks away. I may even be feeling something now, but would not recognise it is the baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home