Week 17 complete
This is now the start of week 18 and the little bump has solidified and become more rotund and pushed out to the front. I think it has raised a little as well. The uterus is only just below the belly button now and keeps rising for most of the remainder of the term. I am now recognisable by a stranger as being pregnant, which is great in some ways, but still a bit disturbing when people keep staring at your tummy when talking to you.
I definitely feel less tired now, but at work today I felt bizarrely dizzy a couple of times which is apparently quite common. I have 25% more blood circulating which puts strain on the heart and means getting up quickly makes you feel light-headed. The baby is 5 inches or so long from head to rump.
I don't think I have felt the baby move yet, and I am really eager to. It will just make the pregnancy seem more real and make me feel more connected to the growing person insie me. It is all very theoretical at the moment, despite the bump and the fact I can't fit into my clothes anymore. There were a couple of times I thought I felt something, but I think I need to wait to see if these feelings of small, fast movement are baby movements or wind! I have felt twinges in the low abdomen again over the last 3 days, which I had not felt since about week 11. Not sure what this means, but sometimes it feels alarming, other times I just think some ligaments are just being stretched.
I have started getting back ache in my upper back, but only from sitting in my chair for many hours at work. It can get pretty painful, but the weekend was a relief from sitting all day and meant I had some time to improve.
I went swimming last week for the first time since being pregnant and it was lovely. Nice to stretch different muscles and to be in the water.
It is roasting hot at the moment and I am very pleased not to be heavily pregnant now. It looks very uncomfortable to be large and overheated at this time of year.
In the news: Israel is attacking Lebanon following Hezbollah's kidnapping of 2 Israeli soldiers. It all looks like a Middle East situation escalating out of control. Tony Blair's government face constant criticism for corruption in the cash for peerages debate combined with incompetance at the Home Office.
I definitely feel less tired now, but at work today I felt bizarrely dizzy a couple of times which is apparently quite common. I have 25% more blood circulating which puts strain on the heart and means getting up quickly makes you feel light-headed. The baby is 5 inches or so long from head to rump.
I don't think I have felt the baby move yet, and I am really eager to. It will just make the pregnancy seem more real and make me feel more connected to the growing person insie me. It is all very theoretical at the moment, despite the bump and the fact I can't fit into my clothes anymore. There were a couple of times I thought I felt something, but I think I need to wait to see if these feelings of small, fast movement are baby movements or wind! I have felt twinges in the low abdomen again over the last 3 days, which I had not felt since about week 11. Not sure what this means, but sometimes it feels alarming, other times I just think some ligaments are just being stretched.
I have started getting back ache in my upper back, but only from sitting in my chair for many hours at work. It can get pretty painful, but the weekend was a relief from sitting all day and meant I had some time to improve.
I went swimming last week for the first time since being pregnant and it was lovely. Nice to stretch different muscles and to be in the water.
It is roasting hot at the moment and I am very pleased not to be heavily pregnant now. It looks very uncomfortable to be large and overheated at this time of year.
In the news: Israel is attacking Lebanon following Hezbollah's kidnapping of 2 Israeli soldiers. It all looks like a Middle East situation escalating out of control. Tony Blair's government face constant criticism for corruption in the cash for peerages debate combined with incompetance at the Home Office.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home