Sunday, October 08, 2006

29 weeks - happy then stressed

A bit up and down at times and some weeks are worse than others. I can feel fine for almost a week in a row then get tearful and slightly irrational about things that I really shouldn't. Not sure if this is hormones or just a bit of stress from having so many thoughts whizzing round my head.

Work is abysmally dull at the moment. The job is tedious, way below my capabilities and my heart is not in it at all. I'm not sure what to do about returning to work but I think the best policy is to wait until the baby is a few months old and make a decision then. I certainly don't want to work full time for the first few years though as I feel this is not fair on the baby and I would like to spend a lot of time with them as they grow up.

I have set a date of leaving work for 24 Nov which means 7 more weeks to go. Seems like a long time to me, but will probably go like a flash.

We have been thinking about what to buy for the nursery and the baby. There's a long list which we need to start on, but fortunately some friends are lending us a few things to make it a bit easier. The little clothes are my favourite though - especially the socks - so sweet!

I have seen our new midwife at St Georges twice in the last 2 weeks. She's a very nice, no nonsense, friendly woman who seems under a lot of time pressure. The first time she came round to our house and Nick was able to meet her too. The next time I went to the hospital for her to check the fetal heartbeat - 148 bpm. Good to hear the sound. All else is fine - blood and urine are fine. The only thing is my iron levels are the low end of the average scale so need to eat brocoli and beetroot!! yuk!

Baby movements are going well - regularly most days and sometimes quite strong. Space is getting quite confined now - length is about 27cm from head to rump so getting to be a big thing in there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home