week 32 - 8 weeks to go, maybe
Another week passes and I think over the last 3-4 days I have noticed another growth spurt in the bump. It sharply projects out from above the pubic bone now and looks quite odd, in a nice way! I have a faint linea negra as well which seems to have appeared only this week. Sometimes it feels hard to stand up for 5-10 mins as the weight of my tummy is felt on the underside and on my back.
I feel tried today after a few night of lest than restful sleep. Seem to need to go to the loo more frequently and once I wake up at night it is hard to go abck to sleep as I just keep thinking of lots of things to do - getting nursery ready, buying baby clothes, questions to ask at antenatal class. Also, this week is supposed to be the peak of the baby's activity so a couple of nights this week have been disturbed by a full on boxing match taking place in my tummy. The baby is also getting hiccups which is quite sweet - fairly strong, regular movements, as a result of swallowing too much amniotic fluid - yum!
We went round to Jan's last weekend and picked up a changing unit and a baby backpack. We will go back for a cot bed and moses basket. I am looking forward to getting things sorted out in the nursery and getting it looking ready. We have ordered the pramette from Mamas and Papas and hopefully this comes with lots of good instructions as it looks complex to use. We also bought the first baby clothes - just some white babygrows, little hats and mits and a cardigan with a hood - our baby will be a hoodie!
So only 4 weeks of work left I think - unless I decide to extend. But 4 weeks sounds like a good amount left. It means the end is almost here. I am handing over my job bit by bit.
Nick and I are off to Wiltshire for a relaxing weekend. I can't wait. The hotel has a good restaurant and hopefully we can just potter about the countryside or somewhere like Cirencester. The aim is to drop in on Sharon and Sean on the way home as I haven't seen them for ages and have never met their little boy, Charlie who must be 9 months old now.
I feel tried today after a few night of lest than restful sleep. Seem to need to go to the loo more frequently and once I wake up at night it is hard to go abck to sleep as I just keep thinking of lots of things to do - getting nursery ready, buying baby clothes, questions to ask at antenatal class. Also, this week is supposed to be the peak of the baby's activity so a couple of nights this week have been disturbed by a full on boxing match taking place in my tummy. The baby is also getting hiccups which is quite sweet - fairly strong, regular movements, as a result of swallowing too much amniotic fluid - yum!
We went round to Jan's last weekend and picked up a changing unit and a baby backpack. We will go back for a cot bed and moses basket. I am looking forward to getting things sorted out in the nursery and getting it looking ready. We have ordered the pramette from Mamas and Papas and hopefully this comes with lots of good instructions as it looks complex to use. We also bought the first baby clothes - just some white babygrows, little hats and mits and a cardigan with a hood - our baby will be a hoodie!
So only 4 weeks of work left I think - unless I decide to extend. But 4 weeks sounds like a good amount left. It means the end is almost here. I am handing over my job bit by bit.
Nick and I are off to Wiltshire for a relaxing weekend. I can't wait. The hotel has a good restaurant and hopefully we can just potter about the countryside or somewhere like Cirencester. The aim is to drop in on Sharon and Sean on the way home as I haven't seen them for ages and have never met their little boy, Charlie who must be 9 months old now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home