Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Less than a week to go

5 days until Christmas Day and my due date and no signs of action so far. I have eaten pineapple, liquorice and am now trying some raspberry tea. I have has some period pains low down but nothing like a contraction - or what I imagine a contraction to be like. The baby is moving around quite a bit still so there is obviously still some room in there although it feels very tightly packed to me.

It definitely feels lower down now and walking is more uncomfortable as it seems that I can feel the head bouncing on my cervix at every step. At my antenatal appointment last week the head was 3/5 down so maybe it has moved down further. I will find out on Saturday at the next appointment.

My blood pressure was up last week to as high as 146/80 but this just seems to have been a temporary aberation as it returned to a more normal level at the end of the appointment and on measuring it this week it was down to 122/70 which is fine. I was a bit worried last week but I think my BP must have been up after a bit of a busy weekend with family over for Xmas etc.

I have been sleeping much better of late with the last 3 nights being much more normal and no 3 hour periods of the night lying wide awake. I have also been trying to nap every day to keep up my strength and I definitely feel a lot better for doing that.

Socially I have been have a lovely time meeting up with the NCT girls and Steph from the NHS classes and Vicki down the road. The six of us from NCT all seem to get on really well and I think it will be a good group of people to know especially when the babies come along. We went out with the men as well on Sunday and had a nice long lunch.

The reality of a baby arriving soon astonishingly still does not seem real to me. I cannot quite believe my brain can't deal with this, but I can get as far as thinking of the labour process but not as far as having a baby and bringing it home and looking after it. It is perhaps too big a concept to think about until it happens.

Looking forward to the weekend and it will be good to spend a few days with Nick being off work as well for Xmas before the baby arrives - if it does wait to come out a little. We have no major plans apart from vegging here, a few walks, lunches out and some DVDs!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home