Thursday, December 07, 2006

start of week 38 - nearly there!

Well, it's just under 3 weeks to go until the due date and this has only just prompted me to think about the whole giving birth aspect of all this. Up until now I don't think I have seriously thought about it too much. I have been thinking about the baby growing inside me and the pregnancy in general but now the idea of labour itself it becoming increasingly pressing. It seems almost unreal to think that labour will start sometime soon and I will maybe be here alone and have to call Nick to let him know. Then the idea of holding our baby is another world away entirely and I really can't begin to imagine how this will feel. Very intrigued as to what sex the baby is and what it will look like. I think the whole experience is going to be overwhelmingly emotional.

I am feeling tired a lot due to not sleeping well most nights now. I wake up regularly at 3-4am and am very awake, almost such that I feel I could get up and start the day. My brain is very active and there always seems to be a lot to think about at that time of night! I read for an hour or so then just get back to sleep before the alarm goes off. Occassionally managing to get a nap of 1 hour in during the day and am resting for half the day and doing various things round the house the the rest of the day. My hands are swollen now and I had to take my rings of a couple of weeks ago. My watch is really tight on my wrist and my finger joints hurt when I clench my fist. Last antenatal appointment was fine though and blood pressure, baby heart beat, etc all perfect.

Have had almost everything delivered now and feel pretty ready for the arrival. I have packed my hospital bag which is big and I have probably still forgotten stuff.

Antenatal classes have finished. Both the NHS and NCT ones were very good, and I hope the NCT one in particular will lead to a good network of women going through the same experiences at the same time. The 5 other couples ont he course could not have been nicer and I think we all get on well. It will be interesting to see how we keep in touch over the next few months. I will met up with Steph from the NHS class next week as well.

This coming weekend is our Xmas weekend with M&D, James and Mandy and Janet coming to stay so I have got turkey and the full works set up to go. This is the first time we will have done this and I'm really looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home