Monday, November 13, 2006

Big mama - week 34

Even bigger, even more tired and a few more aches. Well, people keep telling me I am getting bigger. I think I have got so used to the size that I can't see if I am getting any bigger. All I know is there are parts of me I haven't seen in months!

Today is a Monday and I feel pretty shattered. Not enough sleep at the weekend and not enough general rest. We seem to always be busy at the weekend and had two early starts this time around so no chance for a lie in. Think I will leave work about 4pm to ensure I can get a bit of sleep before Nick gets home.

I am taking iron pills - Pregaday - so hopefully these start to kick in. I took them all last week and felt a bit more lively. My iron levels are at the low end of average and need a bit of a boost prior to the birth in case of losing blood during the process itself.

The baby's movements have changed again - they are not so wriggly all the time, but more of a concerted position shift. Last week it seemed to lie all the way across my abdomen with a foot sticking right out of one side and what I think must be the head sticking out of the other side. All felt very stretched.

We have our 3rd antenatal class this week, then I have an antenatal appointment on Friday and the NCT classes start next week. Only 2 weeks of work to go and I plan to use my maternity leave to check out some nurseries, cook some freezer food for after the birth, prepare for the family Xmas, get remaining goods delievered and rest well. I hope I will get the chance to swim more than I have been doing. All very difficult as I just get so tired by the end of a work day that the thought of swimming is anathema.

I am convinced the baby is still lying transversely as it has been doing for a while as I am sure I can still feel the head around the belly button area. I've been doing some hand and knees action and shining the torch! But so far, nothing. Can only keep trying and hope it switches before 36 weeks.

We have got the cot bed and the moses basket from Jan. The Moses basket is all assembled and looks very sweet. Sometimes it is very odd to think our little baby will be in there in a few weeks. The reality of having a baby continues to feel unreal. I think this will be the case until it appears. Am just really intrigued to know whether it is a boy or girl and what it looks like. Can't wait to hold our sweet baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home