Last blog of 2006
So here I am on the 31 December 2006 and 41 weeks pregnant. Our little bump is obviously too content inside to come out.
It's an unusual New Year's Eve as Nick and I sit here quietly reading and watching DVDs, not going out to see friends as usual. Still a couple of nights ago I didn't get to sleep until 6am so not sure I feel like that much of a party animal anyway! Our Christmas was of a similar vein, very relaxed and easy-going with lots of good food cooked largely by Nick, a few pressies, nice walks every day and some films on DVD. It was great to have another Xmas by ourselves and we really appreciated the time together. Who knows when that will happen again.
I'm definitely slowing up now as walking gets increasingly hard work and I seem to get out of breath walking up hills. I am getting out for a walk most days otherwise I would go mad. But I am also making sure I nap as much as I need in case the big event comes upon me and I need all the energy I can muster.
I have been having some period pains over the last 2 weeks which is a good sign that the cervix is softening and sometimes I can feel something bashing against my cervix which I hope is the baby's head. I have a sweep tomorrow where the midwife tries to manually detatch the membranes from my cervix in an attempt to start labour. Sometimes this works but it is normally more successful if you would have gone into labour anyway in the following 24-48 hours. But will be good to get checked up again by a midwife to see how my blood pressure is as it has been over a week since the last appointment.
Moodwise I seem to be a bit more up and down in the last week, partly due to lack of sleep but also due to the fact of going past the due date. I think it is psychological and any feelings of anxiousness that I had been keeping abated may have come out to the fore a couple of times.
Next blog will be in 2007 when our baby will also be born and I may well not post until after this amazing event. Life will certainly not be the same and I am really looking forward to a new year of discovering parenthood.
It's an unusual New Year's Eve as Nick and I sit here quietly reading and watching DVDs, not going out to see friends as usual. Still a couple of nights ago I didn't get to sleep until 6am so not sure I feel like that much of a party animal anyway! Our Christmas was of a similar vein, very relaxed and easy-going with lots of good food cooked largely by Nick, a few pressies, nice walks every day and some films on DVD. It was great to have another Xmas by ourselves and we really appreciated the time together. Who knows when that will happen again.
I'm definitely slowing up now as walking gets increasingly hard work and I seem to get out of breath walking up hills. I am getting out for a walk most days otherwise I would go mad. But I am also making sure I nap as much as I need in case the big event comes upon me and I need all the energy I can muster.
I have been having some period pains over the last 2 weeks which is a good sign that the cervix is softening and sometimes I can feel something bashing against my cervix which I hope is the baby's head. I have a sweep tomorrow where the midwife tries to manually detatch the membranes from my cervix in an attempt to start labour. Sometimes this works but it is normally more successful if you would have gone into labour anyway in the following 24-48 hours. But will be good to get checked up again by a midwife to see how my blood pressure is as it has been over a week since the last appointment.
Moodwise I seem to be a bit more up and down in the last week, partly due to lack of sleep but also due to the fact of going past the due date. I think it is psychological and any feelings of anxiousness that I had been keeping abated may have come out to the fore a couple of times.
Next blog will be in 2007 when our baby will also be born and I may well not post until after this amazing event. Life will certainly not be the same and I am really looking forward to a new year of discovering parenthood.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home